PIYO Strength DVD - Review

PIYO Strength DVD.  This DVD is part of the deluxe package. Along with the DVD you get a set of discs.
The DVD contains two workouts:
- Full Body Blast
- Strong Legs

Full Body Blast clocks in at 29:13 and it has the following segments:
warm up
dynamic & static legs
core & more
supine arms & abs
hamstrings & cool down

Working with the discs was challenging.  It definitely took the workouts up a notch for me.  These were the workouts that could have been called "Sweat" and/or "Drench".  Even though I didn't feel as if I were doing a cardio workout, I definitely felt a cardio effect from the workout.


Strong Legs clocks in at 25:09.  I did this workout right after the Full Body Blast workout and I probably  should not have done that because I got annoyed that many of the moves/exercises in Strong Legs, I had just done in Full Body Blast. I wanted more variety or something different for the Strong Leg workouts. Plus this workout has the same warm up as so many of the other PIYO workouts.
Although, the warm up didn't annoyed me as I come to expect this to be the case.  This workout also contains upper body work because there is a whole plank section.  So if you think you are going to be resting your shoulders, you are not.

During the workout, Chalene will start slow and then build up. For instance, you will do the move a 1/4 of the way, then move to doing 1/2 way, and then you will do the exercise full out. She also adds tempo variations.

Breakdown for Strong Legs:
warm up
Lunges, Bowlers, & Squats
Skaters, Sumos, & Burpees
Inner and Outer Plank
Glutes & Hamstrings
Cool Down

I think I would like this workout doing it as a standalone workout.  It was definitely challenging using the discs and I felt it in the legs.  A couple of days later and I am sore.

These workouts kind of reminded me of Cathe Slide & Glide workout.
Full Body Blast 3 & 3/4  stars
Strong Legs 3 & 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review