Marine Corps Marathon 10K - Thougths

MCM10K
Cold, the Bridges were icy, and there were a ton of people.
Well yesterday we had snow, which is a bit unusual for us in October. As a result of yesterday's snow, a lot of roads iced over. In fact, while driving in to the race, the radio station had a laundry list of accidents they were reporting.
Part of the course run took us over a couple of bridges and the bridges were icy. Every one immediately starting slowing down and "babying" their steps until they got beyond the bridge. Along with the bridges being very slippery, so were the traffic lines that are painted on the road. After stepping on one of those once, I tried to avoid stepping on any more of them.
I should have thought to bring Kleenex. My nose kept running.
It was cold but I really didn't feel the cold until the race was over and all the runners were slowly and I do mean very slowly making their way to get their medals and to the finishers area.

According to the results page, there were 6867 finishers. It seemed like there were a lot more people out there than that. Marathon photo was suppose to have tons of people out taking photographs, but I can' t find one photo of me. So I don't know if they primarily focused on the Marathon, or if they just haven't been able to up load all the photos.
For my first 10K, I think I did okay. I may try to do it again next year. We will see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review