Cathe Total Body Trisets - Thoughts

Total Body Trisets consist of two workout one DVD. The DVD is part of Cathe's Low Impact
Series . There are a total of ten DVDs that are part of this series.

Total Body Trisets is broken up into Lower Body Split - 39 minutes in length and Upper Body Split - 56 minutes in length.

Both workouts share the same warm up and stretch both of which are just over 4 minutes long.

The thing that caught my attention about the warm up was that there was no marching until the last 10 seconds and then you were just transitioning into the next segment. I guess I am so use to marching in a warm up, that I kept trying to add it in there.

Both workout follow the same pattern. You are doing three Trisets for each muscle grouping. Within each Triset, you are doing three exercises rotating through for two sets.
For the Upper Body Split workout, the first muscle grouping is Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps. The second is Back, Biceps, and Core. For the Lower Body Split workout, you just have one muscle grouping and that is legs.

I am talking about both workouts together but I did the workouts on two separate days. I really like the variety in both workouts. Not the same old, same old moves - just slight variations here and there to make the workout unique. Something else that I like about the workout is the tempo. The tempo of the workout kept the workout moving. So the workouts went pretty quick.

Specifics to the workout:
Upper Body Split - The reps for this workout seemed to be all over the place. Depending on the exercise, you are doing anywhere from 10 to 32 reps. I actually found this annoying, as I was looking for more of a pattern.
Equipment: Weights, Stability Ball

Lower Body Split - The first two Trisets has a real cardio effect going on. I felt it; and Cathe kept mentioning taking time to "lower the heart rate before moving on." Depending on the exercise, you are doing either 12 or 16 reps.
Equipment: Dixie Cups, High Step, Weights, Stability Ball

Other Stuff:
Cathe does a lot of cadence calling - calling or counting out the reps. I didn't like this. I like it much better when she ask "What number are we on?" And, yes she does do this from time to time.

So, this month, I have been doing workouts from Cathe's STS series, and what I wish Total Body Trisets had but doesn't is the graphics (Information bar in STS) telling you what exercise you are doing and how many reps. That is such a nice feature. Cathe does tell you what you are doing before you do it and in many cases she briefly demonstrates the exercise, but I miss the graphics. I've gotten spoiled.

The only other thing I will mention is the music. Overall, just not good, because this a weight workout, I am not going to ping on it to much. For the most part you are not doing any exercise to the beat of the music. So it is just like the music is just there. There is an option to select Vocals Only Mix. I may try that next time and add my on music.

I do like both workouts. Ignoring the music, I say -
Upper Body Split - 4 stars
Lower Body Split - 4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review