The Firm Kick It Into Gear - Thoughts



Kick it Into Gear is a 15 minute bonus workout that comes on the Get Chisel'd DVD. It features Rebekah Sturkie and it boast that you can burn 175 calories in 15 minutes.


I actually clock the workout at 14:25.


What surprised me about the workout was how long the warm-up was. The warm-up is almost 5 minutes. It is a good warm-up but I thought it was too long for a 15 minute workout and I started to doubt whether or not I was actually going to burn 175calories.

The warm-up also included a series of push up moves that Rebekah alternates with plank core moves. I think you end up doing 16 push ups total.


After the push ups, you move into the workout - which starts with a mini kickbox routine. Then comes a series of calf pumps into plyo jumps. This is followed by squat pulses into kicks. Next comes your run or skip into power high knees and then toe taps with speed bag arms.

And then of course, comes the squat thrust or burpees. To be honest, I was surprised that they didn't show up earlier in the workout. Good news is that they weren't very many.

After the burpee/squat thrust series, Rebekah starts to cool you down with standing crunches and then later with some stretching.

All in all, I like this workout and thought it a good way to spend 15 minutes. I have had the
Get Chisel'd DVD for quite a while. And while I have done the main workout a couple of times, this is the first time that I have done the bonus workout.


My heart rate monitor showed a calorie burn of 151 and my bodybugg showed 120.

This is a weight free cardio workout which I like because many FIRM cardio workouts tend to have a segment using weights.


4 stars

Comments

  1. I like this bonus workout too, it does pack a punch in the short time. I've finished week one of Peak Fit and I have to say, I'm really enjoying it. It's a good challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan that is excellent that you are enjoying PeakFit. I hope to do the system again in August.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review