Michelle Dozois Bodyfit 360 - Thoughts

Body Fit 360, from the clip that I saw,  I did not think I was going to like this workout very much.  This is a body-weight and barefoot workout.  Well, Michelle works out with bare feet as did the rest of the cast. The only equipment required is a mat and there is a modifier.

This is a dance based, up and down workout.  By up, I mean standing and by down I mean floor work.  You are constantly working in both planes.  Along the way, you are doing a lot of balancing and stretching.

While I like this workout more than I thought I would, I did think this would be a workout that I could get away from burpees and squat thrust, but no, they show up.  Even a variation on the plank mountain climber shows up.  Now with that said, I do think the way Michelle incorporated these moves into the workout, along with the musical selection made the moves take on a different persona.  Also, all the exercises are measured and precise. I did not think there was anything frantic about the workout.  However, it is a workout that you want to be familiar with to get the most out of each exercise.  That is because there is an almost continuous flow from one exercise to the next and it helps to know what is coming next.

Now, this workout has distinct sections set to a particular tune, in fact, even Michelle mentions the word "track" when moving to the core section. I mentioned this because the workout is not chaptered.  There are no chapter points.  You cannot skip ahead to particular section.  I found this completely annoying.  I don't know why Michelle did not set up the DVD menu as she did for her Peak 10 workouts where she allows you select a particular block.  While doing the workout, I could clearly tell where one segment stop and another segment began.

The DVD Menu only has the following options:
Introduction
Movement Review
Play Full Workout

The soundtrack is great and as usual so is Michelle.  Approximate workout time ~ 52 minutes.

4 stars


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review