Leah Sarago Ballet Body Lower Body - Review

Well as voice-overs go,  Ballet Body Lower Body Extreme Muscle Elongation is one of the best.  Really, the narration is right in sink with what Leah is doing. 
This workout requires a mat and some type of barre (chair) that can be use to assist with balance or the ballet exercises that appear throughout.
The first part of the workout is one long standing series of moves mostly using the barre.  Every once in a while, Leah will release the barre and workout without it.  You work all parts of the leg - calf, hamstring, quads, glutes, inner thigh, and outer thigh.  There is a lot of isometric training and a lot of working up on your toes. 

All the moves are choreograph to the beat of the music.  I like this.  I found it much easier to follow what Leah was doing and I felt I was able to go longer into each set because of this.  Often with ballet type workouts, I have to take more breaks than other type of workouts.

The second part of the workout is floor work. You are working mostly hamstrings and glutes but you are now doing it from a laying position.   The workout concludes with a long almost 12 minute stretch.

Dance, pilates, yoga, and or course ballet all show up in this workout. 

I enjoyed the workout and I really like Leah.  This is my second workout of hers that I have done. 
The workout clocks in at around 55 minutes.  I wish Leah had broken the workout into mini sections and gave you the option to combines sections for a 55 minute workout. 

The DVD offers the following menu options:
Play Workout
Play Workout (Music Only Option - No Instruction)


3 & 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review