Cathe Xtrain Hard Strikes - Thought

Hard Strikes is disc 8 in Cathe's newly release Xtrain series.  I actually think a more fitting name would be "Jack Long" or "Many Jacks".  There are lots of jumping jacks in this workout and quite frankly I felt that the boxing part of the workout never really took off.  I was waiting for something to happen and it didn't happen.

The main part of the workout is sectioned as follows:
warm up / cardio boxing/ kickboxing (30:35)
Boxing Conditioning Drills (11:58)
-Overhead Dumbbell Shoulder Press
-Bear Crawl Press
-Bicep Curl Balance Challenge
-Hammer Curl Balance Challenge
-Plank Shoulder Snatch
-Tricep Dip
-Sit Up Jab & Strike
-Sit Up  Speed Bag Arms
-Sit Up/Push UP Combo
Cool Down/Stretch (4:06)

I mention the break down because the warm up is not a separate chapter point.  You can't chaptered pass the warm up and go straight into the cardio boxing.  I find this odd especially for a Cathe DVD. This is because of all the premixes she likes to create. So I found it very annoying that there was not a premix that included the warm up + the heavy bag workout + cool down/stretch.  And there are 23 premixes and not one of them included this configuration.

The Heavy Bag workout is a bonus workout that is about 13 minutes in length. 
This workout uses boxing gloves.  Cathe gloves are 12oz. My gloves are 8oz. 
Note:  You cannot work the remote with the gloves on. So I put one glove on. Push play and then tried to hurry to get the other glove on before Cathe finishes introducing the cast.
Also I had to chastised myself for leaving the cap on my water bottle.

The gloves come off during the Boxing Conditioning Drills section, and remain off for rest of the main workout.  The main workout is approximately 47 minutes in length.

This workout was disappointing for me.  I don't know if that was because I was expecting something different or what.  With a name like Hard Strikes, I felt it was light on the strike aspect of the workout.

I like the soundtrack.

2 & 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review