Tracey Mallet The Booty Barre Plus Abs & Arms - Thoughts

The Booty Barre Plus Abs & Arms was a tough workout for me.  I did this workout in parts. Mostly because it is a long workout. It clocks in at 79 minutes.
This is definitely a workout I need to build up endurance for.  I don't do many barre type workouts and I am sure that is why.
I did like the workout.  Tracey is pleasant to workout with.  Her instruction is clear, concise and helpful.  There is a beginner modifier that shows how to make the moves less intense

There is a DVD menu that allows you to choose the following sections:
Play All - ~ 79 minutes
Fusion Warm Up - ~ 7 minutes
Killer Arms - ~ 14 minutes
Booty Barre & Abs - ~35 minutes
Core Challenge & Calming Stretch - ~ 24 minutes

The  Killer Arms section uses a set of 3 to 5lbs weights. In this section you are doing lots of isometric and/or high rep exercises. There is a lot of shoulder work.
The Booty Barre & Abs sections uses a chair and a ball.  Tracey works one side of the body and then switches to the other side.  She does this throughout this section working different parts of the leg (butt, thighs, hips).  So yeah, this section (at least fore me) required a lot of endurance. I took several breaks.  The Core Challenge sections uses a 3lb weight and a mat.  Lots of lower ab work.  And again the exercises challenged me. I had a hard time maintaining good form.

The set is bright and clean.  The music fits. There is a bit of a dance aspect to the workout. 
3 & 1/2 stars

Comments

  1. This is very interesting about the difficulty level of these types of workouts. I am always surprised by their difficulty too because I can lift much heavier weights. I am hoping to add some barre-type workouts in January.

    Stacy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review