Tracie Long Training Strength In Movement - Thoughts

Strength in Movement is a Tracie Long Training workout and it is led by Jen Carman. Clocking in at just over 55 minutes, Strength In Movements uses dumbbells (light, medium, and heavy) and a medicine ball to work you through a series of functional fitness type exercises.


Along with Jen, there are two background exerciser – one showing beginner type modifications and the other showing more advanced options.

There are parts of this workout I really like a lot and parts I didn’t care for at all.
There are three cardio segments and each cardio segment uses a medicine ball. The medicine ball is also used in the warm up and in the active stretch segment.

Two of the med ball cardio routines I didn’t like. I felt they lack flow and Uummph, but one I really thought flowed well.

The weight segments are what I like the best about this workout and that is unusal for me because usually the weight work in Functional Fitness workouts is what I like the least.


I love how all the moves worked with the music and I like the music. It really fit the workout.

There is a lot of posture work or posture type exercises, as well as multi-joint compound moves. Some of the unique exercises are Statue of liberties, draw the sword, play it safe, and box squats.

This workout gave me DOMS. This is one of those workouts that I feel I'm not working out all that hard but later on I feel it.

3 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review