Weight Watchers PointsPlus Pedometer



So a few weeks ago, I joined Weight Watchers at Work, and one of the things I found out is that they have this new pedometer which they call PointsPlus Pedometer.

Well considering that I have the bodybugg, a heart rate monitor, a Garmin GPS watch, it is not like I need another tool to attach to my body, but I am a gadget person and I was sold on the fact that it could specifically count my Weight Watcher Activity Points (AP) that I earned throughout the day. So there would be no guessing or converting. I would just wear the pedometer and check the display to see how many AP points that I earned for that day.

You can use the pedometer in two modes - 'All Day' or 'Active'. 'Active' is when you want to record or track a specific workout session and 'All Day', well it tracks your daily movement including any exercise sessions all day. The default setting is 'All Day'.

So the box states:
"This pedometer is powered by motion sensor and step filter technology, and is the only pedometer that can count your activity PointsPlus values in addition to steps and distance! It's a great motivator to watch the progress bar fill up as you walk your way to an earned activity value. Clip it on and go!"

And when it is working, it does do all that. So we have my experience and we have my friend's experience with the PointsPlus pedometer. My experience with the WW PointsPlus pedometer is that the thing keeps resetting itself. It will go along fine for a while and then it will start blinking on and off. I will reset it. Then it will go along fine again for awhile and then it starts blinking on and off. So now it has become a hassle.

My friend's experience with her WW PP pedometer is that it will not track her steps, distance or Activity Points but she can use the stop watch function that it has if she wants, she can use the clock function that it has if she wants. So some functions work, but the main function that she wants to work (tracking AP ) does not. The pedometer she has doesn't do the blinking on and off thing.

Based on these two experience, I don't think these pedometers are very stable. Now, my friend is getting a replacement for hers. I on the other hand probably won't bother and it will just end up in my junk pile.

The pedometers cost $23.95 by the way.

For what they are designed to do, I give it 3 1/2 stars.
For what they are not doing, that they are suppose to do, I give it 1/2 a star.

Comments

  1. I just discovered your blog! Here is my question; I am very overweight and would like to buy a quality pedometer or maybe the gizmo you tie on your shoe by Nike/ipod.

    What do you suggest, as I am more concerned of the quality than price. Thanks!!! TracyS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracy
    I don't use pedometers very much. I wasn't very impress with my WW pedometers.
    I used the Bodybugg which tracks steps taken each day.
    I also believe the fitbit tracks steps as well.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. how does walking for 4 miles earns only 1 point plus point. Something must be wrong with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review