Special K Protein Shakes - Thoughts











I am usually pretty skittish when it comes to trying “health” shakes. The ones that are low in calories, usually don’t taste very good and the ones that taste good are high in calories. I find this is especially true for the pre-made shakes. With tastes being so specific to an individual, reading reviews of the products have to be taken with a grain a salt.

So when I came across the Special K Protein Shakes, I read a bunch of reviews and the majority of them pretty consistently said the shakes taste good. It just wasn’t one flavor they said tasted good, but according to the reviews, all the flavors were yummy. When I decided to give them I try, I had a hard time deciding which flavor to go with, so I went with all three and I bought a pack of each flavor.

The Special K Shakes come 4 bottles to a pack. Each bottle is 10 oz. I bought mine at Target for $5.44 a pack. Wal-mart also sells these and the other day I saw the same four pack at CVS Pharmacy for $8.82. Of course I thought CVS was crazy.

So the flavors: French Vanilla (180 calories, 5 Grams of Fat, 5 Grams of Fiber and 10 Grams of Protein) For those of you who are watching carbs – there are 29G. Sodium is 220mg and sugar is 18G.

The other flavors are Strawberry and Chocolate. Strawberry has the same nutrient numbers as French Vanilla and the only thing different about the Chocolate flavor is the calorie count which is 190.

So the taste. I have to agree with many of the reviews. I thought they tasted pretty good. My only slightly negative comment is about the Strawberry. I felt the first swallow has a slightly medicinal taste to it - almost like cough syrup. As I kept drinking the Strawberry shake, I didn't notice that particular taste as much. I notice this with each strawberry shake I had and I have had three of them at this point and time.

The bottle states that it “satisfies hunger longer”. “ For me, I found it kept the hunger at bay for about 2 maybe 2 ½ hours. Lately, I have been trying to keep my eating times consistent throughout the day. So I will eat at 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. I will have the protein shake at 9am and usually I found myself hungry between 11 and 1130am.

I am giving the French Vanilla and Chocolate shakes 4 stars and the Strawberry 3 1/2 stars.
I am pretty happy I found these.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review