Tracie Long Endurance For Movement - Thoughts

 Endurance For Movement is a 60 minute total body workout and it is led by Tracie Long.  The DVD cover states "We Train For The Way You Live" and "..... we wipe away the 'old school' style of training".  I agree that this is not your traditional style of training or I will say it is not my traditional style of training. This workout is functional fitness at its best.  I say that even though I am not a fan of functional fitness but even after all these years of having this workout, I still find it a very unique workout and not one that I like doing but after I have done the workout I feel accomplished.
There are many segments in this workout and as you move from segment to segment Tracie takes time to give a mini introduction to the segment.  I like this because it gives you time to set up for what is coming next.
So the segments roughly break down as follows:
warm up, core warm up, core, cardio, weight work, legs, upper body, core, cardio, push ups, lower body, upper body, crunches, cardio, total body, lower body, upper body, abs, stretch
So there is a lot going on in this workout. There is also a lot of getting up and down on the floor. 
Some of the exercises are hurdle lunges, inch worms, clock lunges, reverse rows.  The majority of the exercises are performed in combination with other exercises so there is a lot of multi-joint compound work.

Equipment:   dumbbells, stability ball, rags or paper plates.
Besides Tracie, there are two cast members. One is showing a super advance option and one is showing beginner type modifications.

This workout has been repackage and the two pictures represent two different covers for the same workout.

I love the music and I like the set too.  My favorite segments are the cardio segments.
What I don't like about the workout  or DVD rather is the lack of a chapter menu.  The workout is chapter. You can easily go from segment to segment by using your scan buttons on your DVD but there are about 19 or 20 different segments and as they took the time to chapter the DVD it would have been nice to jump to the different segments from the main menu.

3  1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review