Prevention Fitness Systems Dance Workouts - Thoughts



Prevention's Dance If Off workout features Jennifer Gilardi and it is approximately 52 minutes in length. It contains a warm up, 4 dance sections and a cool down.
The dance sections are: Hip Hop, Latin, Jazz and Ballet.
I didn't do the ballet section as it is mostly toning and I chose this workout to get extra cardio in.
The choreography is basic. All the dances are very easy to follow and plus there's lots of breakdown - almost too much.

Of the three dances I did do, my favorite is the Jazz dance. The Latin and Hip Hop dances are okay. Although, the music in the Hip Hop dance I have heard a million time before in other workouts.



Prevention's Drop It With Dance features instructor Tabitha D'Umo. It is approximately 50 minutes in length. This workout has three ten minute dance routines plus a fourth routine that brings all the dances you learn together. So there is a warm up, 4 dance sections, and a cool down.
The dances are: Jazz Funk, Hip-Hop, 90s Jam and Showtime.

I love the choreography in this workout - all the dances including the cool down. There are a lot of unique moves. What I didn't like about the workout is the pace that it moved. Way too much break down. It took a long time to get to the final number. There were quite a few times when I was gesturing for the workout to speed up. (As if she could see me).
The music is about half and half. Half of it I love, the other half - just eehhhh.
I like the showtime section. It was fun because you are doing all the dances at tempo 6 times through. I did think 6 times was over kill, but it is a good 10 minute section where I was able to keep the heart rate up.


Dance Yourself Thin stars Marie Foreleo and it is about a 40 minute workout. This workout has a warm up, a dance basic section, two 15 minute dance workouts and a cool down.
The dance basic section is a 3 1/2 minute segment that takes you through dance isolation moves (i.e. shoulder isolation, hip, ribcage etc).
The two dances are Afro-Latin and Reggae-Funk and I like both dances.
However and again, like with the other two prevention workouts I thought the breakdown - the teaching of the dance - went way too slow. There is a lot of "taking it from the top". I felt so much time was spent on the breakdown that at the end of each dance, Marie only had enough time to go through the dances twice.
When I was doing the moves at full tempo, I had fun.
The music is good. There is only one tune in the Reggae-Funk section that seemed out of place.
My bodybugg loves dance workouts. I always burn a lot of calories with the bodybugg when doing dance workouts. My heart rate monitor doesn't love dance workouts as much. In fact my heart rate rarely got up - really just for the Showtime section in Drop It With Dance. My heart rate monitor showed that I burned about 2/3 of calories to what my bodybugg showed. I think these workouts would be great for Active Recovery days.
Dance It Off - 3 stars
Drop It With Dance - 3 1/2 stars
Dance Yourself Thin - 3 1/2 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review