The FIRM Prime Power Crosstrainers - Thoughts



Finishing up my FIRM Classic Rotation with the Prime Power Cross Trainer Series.
A bit of history about these two workouts is when they were produced they came in a white card board box. The picture I have of both were the proposed covers. Only the Lower Body Shaping workout actually later came out with a cover. I forgot where I saw these two covers but I made a copy at the time because who wants a workout without a cover.

Led by Kim Bartlett Prime Power Lower Body Shaping is a 45 minute beginner workout that is a total body workout with a heavy emphasis on the lower body. The workout consist of several sets of dips, 4-limb aerobics, abdominals, range of motion and bridge work.
While I think Kim and the music pleasant, this workout is one of my least favorite FIRM workouts. I swear I think this workout made me hate dips (reverse lunges). There were so many of them. It seemed like all we were doing were dips. Also the 4 limb cardio was dull and lacked energy. Just not a fan.


Stacey Millner-Collins leads Prime Power Fat Burning. This too is a 45 minute total body workout. The workout features cardio sets (4-limb and low impact), standing upper and lower body sculpting, table work, inner and outer thigh floor work, abdominals and range of motion.
This work flows really well and I love this workout. It is an easy workout. Advanced beginner is what I would label it. This is a good workout for Active Recovery days or a day you are returning to working out after a long break.
The music was interesting. Some of it contain vocals. So of it is military inspired. Stacey does a good job in leading the workout.

These two workout I believe were filmed after the Cross Trainers FIRM Strength and FIRM Cardio. I think the intent was to do a pair of basic less intense FIRM workouts. I wouldn't even consider these workouts low-intermediate. Definitely in the beginner category towards the high end of that. Of course to make the workouts more intense, you can go heavy with the weights and it is easy to do with this workout because the tempo allows for that.

I love visual sets but the set used in these workouts is not my favorite. It's a Jungle motif animal kingdom inspired set. Not good, just looks busy.
The workout uses a tall stool, a dowel and dumbbells.

Prime Power Lower Body Shaping - 2 stars
Prime Power Fat Burning - 4 stars

Comments

  1. oh I only have the lower body one! Would love to try the Fat Burning for pure nostalgias sake if nothing else

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review