Cathe High Reps - Thoughts


High Reps is approximately 65 minutes long and it is a muscular endurance total body workout. The workout is set to ten songs. Each song is anywhere from 4 to 6 minutes and each song is dedicated to working a specific body part.
You are working that specific body part for the entire length of the song, hence the name of the workout, High Reps, because you are doing a lot of reps for that body part within the song.
Now Cathe does vary the exercise within each song and then you might get a 15 to 20 second break/rest but the reps are pretty much none stop and the only thing that varies is the tempo. For example you may start with a 4 count, then a 3 and 1 count then a 2/2 count followed by single counts and then there is a good chance you will repeat the sequence. This will be the pattern until Cathe either changes exercises or the song ends.
The workouts uses dumbbells, a barbell, a mat, a gliding disc, and a band. Cathe does give you time to set up your equipment before each song begins. I have a series of body bars and I found they work excellent for replacing the barbell. This is because as the reps get higher, the fatigue starts to set in and it is easier to grab a lighter body bar and continue. Of course, you can do this with dumbbells as well.
You do use the barbell during the warm up.
While I thought some of the songs were long, mostly because of fatigue setting in, I thought the actual workout moved quickly and was over before I knew it. The worksheet breaks down each exercise and includes the time code they appear on the DVD. Who ever did this, thank you. I got my worksheet from someone who got it from someone else.
The set is the same as STS Total Body. The music is good. I like it and thought maybe all but one song fit the workout. The music is different that what Cathe normally would use or has used. I was hoping for a music louder option, but there isn't one. There is a voice only option.
Premixes. Not as many as STS Total Body.
1. Upper Body Only 39:14
2. Lower Body Only 34:36
3. Full: Upper Body First 64:38
4. Full: Lower Body First 64:38
5. Scrambled 64:58
The Upper Body Only premix is weird in that it doesn't include the back exercises but does include the ab/core exercises.
4 stars

Comments

  1. That's a good idea to use a body bar, never thought about using one before but it makes sense. I haven't tried this dvd yet, I've only tried Intensity and Lower Body Blast. I hope either high reps or STS total body next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Yep I like the body bars for a quick change out. I have a 12lb, 15lb, 18lb and a 22lb. Then I have the FIRM's two sculpting bar which are 8 and 9 lbs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review