The NordicTrack Commercial X11i Review Part 1 - My Brand New Treadmill Arrived and It Did Not Work!!!!!!

NordicTrack Commercial X11i
This is going to be a three-part review. 
While I have had this treadmill for a month now, I have only been able to use it since Saturday and that is because it arrived broken.

Yep!!! You heard me right. My $2000 new treadmill arrived and it did not work.
I ordered the treadmill on January 1.  The treadmill arrived on January 17.  My husband put the treadmill together January 19 and when we turned it on, the belt did not move.

It was very simple for my husband to put together, but before calling Nordictrack, we made sure everything was connected properly and it was. 

Called NordicTrack and the first thing you hear when they pick up is how there is a "higher call volume than usual, and wait times will be long" They were not lying. In this process, I have had to call them four times and the least amount of time I waited on the phone was 41 minutes. When you are holding all of this time, they constantly tell you to go out to myfitnesshelp.com where you can get answers to your questions quickly by "chatting" with a tech. I found this site and my chat session to be completely useless and unhelpful.

I elected to wait to talk to a representative.  My first time I talked with someone, they had me load an App on my phone. The App was called Visual Support.  The Tech used this to troubleshoot the treadmill. I thought the visual support was pretty cool. The tech determined that there was something wrong with the controller module because he did not see a light and first he wanted us to check all the connections on the module as they can become loose during shipment. (Apparently, they are having a problem with their current shipper because this has happened to others).

The controller module came installed so this was not something my husband had to do or put together during the assembly process. 
We agreed to check the controller module. We got a case number, an Internet address to a YouTube video that shows how to check the controller module and then we hung up.

We performed the checks and it still did not work.  I called back and was on hold longer than the first time. This part was very frustrating because (1) the Tech provided me with a new phone number that was supposed "to get me quicker access" and (2)  the process made me input my Serial Number and Model Number in again because it said it did not recognize my phone number even though I used that phone number to place the order.

Anyway, I called back, and the result was that they would send me a new controller board. - (this was all happening on a Saturday) and I will get an email when the part was shipped out which for some crazy reason I thought it would be Monday.  It was not.

On Wednesday, I called to find out what was going on. Again had to go through the process of putting in my Serial Number etc because it did not recognized my phone number. When I got a tech on the line, I said to her "to please add my phone number to my order and file". She interrupts me with "it's already there".

I asked, "why it is telling me it does not recognize my phone number then?". She could not answer that.

Moving on, I tell her I am calling because I have not received an email telling me my part has been shipped and I am excited to use my brand new treadmill and I wanted to know when could I expect them to ship it out. She informed me that "on Monday, a shipment did arrive into their warehouse and that technicians had to perform quality checks on the parts and I should be receiving it the following week."

Well, that did NOT happen. 

I sent NordicTrack support and email January 31 making another inquiry about my part and I receive a stock response back saying that they will reply as soon as possible. 

 February 7 is when I received a UPS notice that my part had been shipped and that it will arrive on February 14.  

When I got home from work on the 14th, the part was in my mailbox. My husband installed it and I tested it out on Saturday. Also on Saturday, February 16 is when I finally received a reply to my email that I sent on January 31. 

So after almost a full month of the treadmill acting as a giant 300-pound paperweight, I now have a working treadmill. 

Story continues in part 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review