Zumba Country - Thoughts

Saw this workout in Walmart and decided to pick it up to keep with the country theme workouts I have been doing this month.
Zumba Country stars Kass Martin as the lead.  There are four other cast members hanging out with Kass in the Zumba Country workouts.  The DVD contains two workouts and offer the following options.

Crazy Country
    Voice On
    Voice Off
Burn it Up
     Voice On
     Voice Off

Crazy Country is 32 minutes in length and features the following tracks:
Cotton Eye Joe
A Good Man
Little Miss Honky Tonk
Devil Went Down To Georgia

Bubba Shot The Jukebox
Something That I like About a Honky Tonk
Sin Wagon
Eatin' My Heart Out
Waterfall

Burn It Up  clocks in at around 28 minutes and features the following tracks:
Hey Doctor
Tie It Up
Make You Mine
I Play Chicken With The Train
All American Country Girl
Long Way To Go
Hold My Hand


If I were to compare these workouts, with the Country Heat series, I felt with Zumba Country, I was dancing more.  In the Burn It Up workout, there is one track that is heavy on the toning (you are doing squats and lunges) but for the most part the moves flowed together in a nice high energy dance routine.

With Zumba Country,  there are times when you are waiting for the music to kick in or you are waiting for a certain spot in the song to start dancing.  You do get to do a bit of free-form dancing in certain spots; usually this occurs when there is bridge in the song. There is also quite a bit an impact.  Kass will show you how to modify on certain moves.

I don't think I like one workout better than the other. I certainly liked some tracks more than others.

I did feel that Kass's energy was forced; a lot of high five slapping that I didn't think necessary and felt cheesy.

The DVD has an mini-infomercial that runs during the credits advertising Zumba's new shakes.  The name of the shake is "Shake, Shake, Shake".  The shakes come in mocha, chocolate and vanilla.

Country Crazy - 3 & 3/4 stars
Burn It Up - 3 & 3/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review