Gwen Lawrence Fit Body Yoga - Thoughts

Fit Body Yoga is a Giaim workout that is led by Gwen Lawrence. It features three 20-minute workouts.

Workout 1 focuses on the Upper Body and it is called Upper Body Blast.  Most upper body yoga workouts contains lots of shoulder work and this is no different.
The second workout is called Lower Body Tone. This was my favorite of the three workouts because I really felt stretch out in the hips and thighs after this workout.
The third workout is named Core Definition.  Along with ab work, there is work for the back.  Also the length of this workout is actually 17 minutes and not 20.

For the most part, throughout the workout, you are doing each sequence twice per side.  The first time through, the sequence is performed at a slower pace and then the second time through, the pace sped up just a little bit.
Every one in awhile Gwen would deviate from this pattern, which was annoying because I thought I knew what was coming next and I turned out to be wrong.

The workout is narrated and it is one of the best voice-overs workouts that I have done. 

The music has a soothing jazz and techno tempo. The set has a temple like feel to it.
There is a bonus workout which you can download from the Gaiam website.  The bonus workout is 10 minutes and it is called Express Toning.

I really like the segments in this workout and I like Gwen Lawrence. I checked to see if she had any more DVDs and found one.  Luckily, Amazon had a clip of the workout because it was the same workout as this but had been repackaged and rename to Yoga For Fitness.  It is so very irritating when companies do this.

4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review