Essentrics Barre Workout - Thoughts

Essentrics Barre Workouts. This workout stars Sahra Esmonde-White.  Sahra is the only cast member.
I found this workout to be really similar to the other Essentrics workout that I did: Class of 2012 Workout.
I did the 60 minute workout which consisted of doing each of the segments.
The segments are:
Standing | Abs Waist Arms & Posture | 15 minutes
Floor Toning | Thigh & Quad Thinning | 9 minutes
Floor Stretch | Hips, Back & Hamstrings | 7 minutes
Barre Tone | Legs, Butt, Triceps Toning | 15 minutes
Barre Stretch | Complete Hip, Back & Lower Body Stretch | 15 minutes

Again, not a big calorie burn but lots of great stretching and toning.  In the Standing segment, the arm work was the most challenging for me. I felt it in my shoulder joints.
The floor toning segment featured some of the same super challenging outer thigh work as the Class of 2012 workout.
The Floor Stretch was great for opening up my hips. There were seated and lying stretch exercises. I really felt stretch out after this segment.
The Barre Toning segment uses a chair and Sahra works all the sides of the legs.  You work on one side of the chair and then you move over to work on the other side of the chair. Sahra switches sides quite a bit.
Which was fine  because she did not overload you on reps per side.  Triceps dips is the exercise used to train the triceps. I believe we did 4 sets of triceps dips.

The DVD does feature several pre-mixes
Power Full Body Tone | Standing-Barre Toning | 30 minutes
Thigh Thinning Workout | Standing-Floor Toning-Barre Toning | 40 minutes
Hips, Back, & Hamstring Stretch | Standing-Floor Stretch-Barre Stretch | 37 minutes
Essentrics Full Body Barre Workout | Completed Toning & Stretching Workout | 60 minutes

The music is pretty good.   The set is bright with big windows that are open.  I like it. You can see activity going on outside when the workout was being filmed.  I thought it was a nice back drop.
The workout is performed barefoot and the floor is shining (maybe waxed) grey floor.  It made me wonder if the floor was cold.
Anyway, I really like both of the Essentrics workouts that I have done.  I like Sahra. I thought for the most part her instruction to be clear and precise. 
My task is going to be to figure out how to include them in my workout routine.

4 & 1/4 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review