Kelly Coffey-Meyer Cardio Quick Fix - Thoughts

Cardio Quick Fix is part of Kelly Coffey-Meyer 30-Minutes To Fitness series of workouts. With Cardio Quick Fix, Kelly gives you two (approximately 30 minute) all cardio workouts.
Workout 1 is steady state and clocks in at about 25 minutes. Kelly breaks up this workout into two combos and in each combo you are doing about 4 to 5 different moves. Kelly teaches the moves in a layered approach so there is a bit of repetition.
Workout 2 is a bit of an interval drill base (hi/lo) workout and clocks in at about 29 minutes. Some of the exercise are squats, into pop squats, low jacks into plyo jacks, side steps into skaters, march into high knee jog.
Both workouts share the same warm up (about 4 minutes) and cool down (about 2 minutes). Although in workout two, I felt Kelly added an additional warm up set.

 I like both workouts well enough. They are both very simple workouts with simple moves. You really are driving you own intensity with these workouts. With workout 1, my bodybugg showed a calorie burn of 229 and with workout 2, the calorie burn was 272. I feel that is decent for two workouts under 30 minutes. 
I thought Kelly really took a step up in the music department. Usually, I think the music Kelly uses is rather bland but in both workouts, the music has energy and a lot of the tunes have vocals. The set is okay; well lit and pleasant. Along with Kelly there are three other cast members. One cast member does beginner modifications.

The DVD: There is bonus Abs/Hips & Glutes segment that is about 15 minutes in length. The DVD also features 9 premixes ranging in time from 23:35 up to 44:39.

I give 3 & 1/4 stars to Workout 1 and 3 & 1/2 stars to Workout 2.

Comments

  1. Hi, Saundra -
    I was wondering how strenuous this workout is. Over on Collage it is rated beginner/inter for the first workout and inter for the second. Did you find this to be true? I am looking for a challening cardio that is a little easier on my knees. I was wondering if this would fit the bill. Currently, I do Cardio Interval Burn or More CIB. I only do 2 or 3 segments at a time. This is about the right level for me. My other favorite is KCM's Stepboxing which is also about the right level. Would you have any other suggestions? Sorry so long and Thanks in Advance!Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy,
    I did not think it was very strenuous.
    I would agree with Collage's rating. I even thought the second workout was low intermediate.
    I think the workouts are definitely easier on the knees that CIB and MCIB. I have both of those workouts.
    I thought I really had to create my own intensity with Cardio Quick Fix.

    It is so hard to find a pure cardio athletic workout nowadays - that doesn't include weights or burpees.

    Another suggestion would KCM TLC the first workout and KCM's boxing cardio premix in Circuit Burn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Saundra. I have looked at TLC, but it just doesn't excite me and KCM's cardio premix in Circuit Burn is one of my favorites for a low-energy/impact day, but when I still want a good workout. What about Ilaria? I don't have any of hers, but she seems really popular. If this is a good fit? Which one?

    Thanks for your time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Stacy.

    I really like Ilaria, but she is not traditional cardio. The workouts that come closest are her Powerstrike workouts.
    I think Powerstrike 4, 5 ,a d 6 are still for sale.
    I like them all. There is lots of repetition and some of the punches and kick combos require a bit of endurance to complete.
    They are the type of workouts that you really don't think you are doing a lot of cardio but by the end of the workout you have burned 400 plus calories.
    I would say start with either Powerstrike 5 or 6.

    Ilaria is suppose to be releasing new workouts very soon. I am looking forward to the new workouts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review