Pump It Up! Recap

So Let's Recap! There are 9 Ministry of Sound Pump It Up! fitness DVDs.
The Ultimate Dance Workouts they are called.  As far as I can tell, they produced one workout a year starting in 2004.
All of the workouts feature music from the original artist and I am guessing they are all artist assigned to or affiliated with the Ministry of Sound record labeled.
I bought about 1/2 of the workouts from Amazon. The other workouts I had to get directly from Ministry of Sound. I ordered from their website and the workouts were shipped from England.

The workout (in the order of release) are:
Pump It Up! (2004) Deanne Berry
PIU! BeachBody(2005) Fiona Fagan

PIU! High Energy (2006) Fiona Fagan
PIU! Burn It Lose It (2007) Deanne Berry
PIU! Dancemix (2008) Gareth Walker
PIU! Aeroburn (2009) Gareth Walker
PIU! 2010 (Powermix) (2010) Dominique Tipper
PIU! Bodyburn (2011) Gareth Walker
PIU! Move It Lose It  (2012) Jay Ravell

Overall  I really like the series a lot but the first two workouts I did, left something to be desired. I found both the Original Pump It Up! and Beachbody a bit lacking and was wondering if the whole series was going to be like this. Not that they were awful, but the reviews I read really hype them up, so I guess I was expecting a lot and they fell short.  However, after the first two, the workouts improved dramatically and became more of what I imagine the series to be.

There is a real dance aspect to these workouts and if you have two left feet, they may be hard and frustrating for you to do.  I did not get all the combinations the first time through but I found most of the workouts to be loads of fun and full of energy.

My favorites in order:
Dancemix with Gareth
Bodyburn with Gareth
Burn It Lose It with Deanne
High Energy With Fiona
Powermix with Dominique
Move It Lose It with Jay
Aeroburn with Gareth

I mostly used the workouts for the cardio dance aspect.  However all the workouts have a toning sections and/or a floor bums and tums section.  The toning sections did not use weights. Only piece of equipment used in any of the workouts was a mat.

The DVDs come with lots of extra content.  I enjoyed watching the Behind the Scenes on each of the DVDs. For the most part, I liked the way the DVD menus and sub-menus were laid out. On a couple of the DVDs you are hampered by the layout of the menu.

Overall I give this series really high marks and several of these workouts I am going to be putting back into the rotation real soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review