Cathe Boss Bands Total Body - Thoughts


Boss Bands Total Body is a 57 minute low impact strength workout that uses resistance bands instead of weights to tone and sculpt the body.

DVD Menu

  • Getting Started
  • Play
  • Chapters
  • Premixes  (There are 8 premixes)
  • Audio Settings
The workouts use resistance cords that are banded together. The cords are color coded as follows:
  • Orange - easy or lightest tension
  • Green - medium tension
  • Blue - heaviest tension
Cathe uses the bands throughout the workout including the warm up and ending stretch. She tells you which band color to grab.  On certain exercises, she will tell you that you don't have to use the band, or to grab two bands.  The only time I sat the bands down was during the biceps section. I picked up dumbbells.

So clocking in at just over 57 minutes, I thought this was  a long workout. Most workouts I do nowadays are between 30 and 40 minutes. I was surprised that Cathe made the workout so long. The warm up was 10 minutes.  I will say you are doing a lot in this workout and Cathe does take time to explain various grips she is using with the band.  Please see attached spreadsheet for a list of the exercises. 

The music is decent and I like the snowcap mountain view set.
Band workout are not my favorite so to me it was just an okay workout.

3 stars



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review