The FIRM Zip Trainer - Review






The FIRM Zip Trainer Workout System

ZipTrainer by The FIRM is the The FIRM's newest workout system.
The system comes with 7 short workouts, a Fitness Guide, a Nutrition Guide, an over sized large medicine ball (the Zip Trainer) and a smaller core sculpting ball that is 3lbs.  All of these items come in the basic set.

There are two pictures above that show the ZipTrainer unzipped.  The domes or pink side is the position you will use to perform all of your exercises when the ZipTrainer is in the up-zipped position.
In the workouts, the cast always has a mat underneath the Domes when it is in this position.  My workout surface is hardwood flooring.   At first I did not have a mat underneath the domes and I found that the domes were slipping all over the place.  In the fitness guide, workout tip number two suggest "adding an exercise mat for more traction".  I think they should have included a mini mat if this were the case.  Although, I guess if you are working out on carpet, you will not have this issue of the domes skipping.

My yellow core ball came really smashed up,  It is totally flat on one side. However, it is as solid as a rock so it is not like it needs air. 
While I found the ZipTrainer very easy to unzipped and zip, I still was not as efficient as the instructors. I was always behind them slightly and playing catch up to get into position when they changed the configuration (going from zipped to unzipped and vice versa).

When the ZipTrainer is in the zipped position it is kind of firm.  In the dome position, there is a bit of squishiness (it melts somewhat when pressed into or stepped on).

The Fitness Guide is 38 pages including the front and back covers. The guide introduces the FIRM, the ZipTrainer System, the individual workouts, the master instructors, rotation calendar, workout tips, and the FIRM Fit Test.

The Nutrition Guide is 48 pages including the front and back covers. I always like the FIRM Nutrition Guides.  This one gives you recipes for each suggested food option. It also includes a 60 day meal plan calendar telling you what to eat on each day; as well as snack options and maintenance tips.

Thus far, I have only done three of the workouts and I will review them in the next post. 

Comments

  1. Thanks for these very detailed Zip Trainer reviews and thoughts!! It has really helped me decide whether or not I will be purchasing the set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. Thank you so much for doing such a detailed review! I have a question. Do the trainers on these workouts go at a high-speed pace? I only ask because I tried the Firm Express, and I hated it, the pace was too frantic for me. I'm a little worried about that since the workouts are so short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMP Reps 1 and 2 are done at a High speed pace. The other workouts are only done at a high speed pace during the " Short Burst Training".
    All the workouts feature a modifier and that person typically is reducing the movement so that it is not as high speed..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several of the Firm dvds and sets. I love them. Do you think this would be a good addition? I am interested in the shortened times compared to the other 30-50 min dvds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you are looking for shorter workouts, and like the FIRM - . I think they will be a good addition. I do think it is expensive for what you get. So you might want to wait and catch it on sale.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review