Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn - Thoughts

Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn is an all cardio 65 minute workout featuring Michelle Dozois. Michelle introduces what she calls Peak Cardio Blocks. There are five blocks and within each block you perform the block twice through (for a total of 2 rounds per block). Surrounding the Peak Blocks there is a warm up and a cool down.

More info on the Peak Block.
There are four section within the peak block. They are:
Level 1 - Base camp (equivalent to rest and/or recovery)
Level 2 - Ascent (mostly low impact cardio)
Level 3 - Climb (intensity kicks up, lots of high impact)
Level 4 - Peak (definitely high impact, lots of jumping)

The workout has a definite kickbox flavor to it. Many of the moves especially in the Ascent Level are kickbox inspired.

As you move from one level to the next a bell chimes letting you know you are approaching the next level. The base camp level is very brief. No more than 15 to 20 seconds. Ascent and Climb are about 2 to 2 1/2 minutes each and the Peak level is around 30 seconds. So I would say each round is between 4 1/2 to 5 minutes.

The music is good and the set is bright and roomy. Michelle is full of energy and cues well.
This workout was release in October of last year. I was planning on getting it but when I saw a clip of the workout, I didn't like the clip. I felt it was like so many workouts that were out there so I decided against getting it. Then so many of you were saying how much you like the workout and how great it was so I bought the workout (along with a bunch more) in December.
So the moral could be "Don't Judge a Workout by It's Clip" because I love the workout. I was feeling the energy in this one right away. Super easy to follow (doesn't require a lot of thought), a great flow, pump up music, kickboxing - all these things make this workout fun. I did the workout as Michelle did it. Likely in the future I will modify some of the more high impact moves (and there's a lot of high impact) just because my right knee can't take a lot of it.
The DVD is chaptered very well. This workout, the concept and setup impressed me; and it
is definitely in the running to be my favorite workout for 2011.
5 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Pro-Form 600 LT Treadmill - Thoughts

21 Day Fix Disc 1 - Review

Tony Horton P90X Legs & Back - Review